Thursday, 13 November 2008
I'm guessing....George....ever the practical kind of guy he was....rode up this guy's house....asked him a dozen questions about what he thought of this or do....and then said he'd like to make him Secretary of War. The guy sat there....probably asked what he got paid....and then said "sure".
Today, we found out that the Obama administration has a seven-page, 63-question "exam" for folks to take....to get the job. They want an entire resume. They want three references from your past. They want to know your email accounts and which blogs you've written for. They want to know about speaking royalties....ALL of them...and what you got paid. They want you to identify every single speech you ever gave....even in college...to include the text or audio copy. They want a copy of your 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 tax returns. They want to know if you own a gun and the type of registration. They'd like to when you used the gun and how it was used (automatic or semi).
I sat there and pondered this 63 question requirement. Would I answer it.....to get a job? No. Would I advise any idiot or semi-idiot or even a democrat to fill it out? No. You are basically telling them every single detail of your life. Do you really need these guys in your business? Is it worth the trouble?
I'm guessing a good fifty percent who got this document.....thinking they were lucky....after about an hour....just pulled out their Jack Daniels and tossed down five shots....and laughed. There's no way that you'd waste an entire week filling this out.
Now, to make things really interesting....I'd like to offer the Obama team an additional ten questions, which I think ought to be added:
64. If Bama and LSU met on the same field....who would you pull for?
65. Do you have a problem with women named Wendy or with women who wear tube tops?
66. If a bunch of idiot Harvard/Yale/Colombia/Princeton business graduates ran an entire banking sector into the ground....would you trust them to be in your cabinet?
67. Have you ever bought anything at the Wal-Mart check-out area that you are ashamed of and might not want to admit on the Larry King show?
68. Do you believe that the President of the United States ought to be native-born? Would it be better if we changed this law or just overlooked it?
69. If you got sent to a dry county of Bama....for an entire day....could you make it without a drink for twenty-four hours?
70. Do you believe the American car industry can actually make a decent car that Americans want?
71. Have you ever been in the company of a dwarf, midget or albino person? If so, describe the experience in great detail, especially if you knew them real personal-like.
72. If a guy was using 22 times the amount of electricity of a normal American family and telling you how wasteful Americans really are in life....would you want to take a baseball bat to the guy?
73. Given a choice of (a) digging septic tanks for a living, (b) spending two weeks in downtown Detroit or (c) listening to 24 hours of Obama speeches....which would you pick?
To be rather blunt, I really don't see any fool wasting an entire week filling out these papers. I'm guessing some are rather shocked and just laugh...then say "no thanks". The Obama team might find that desires disappear rapidly in this situation. Even if you offered me the ambassadorship to Tonga.....I just wouldn't fill out the damn form.
1. We demand the union of all Americans in the United States on the basis of the principle of self-determination of all peoples.
2. We demand that the American people have rights equal to those of other nations.
3. We demand land and territory for the maintenance of the American people and the settlement of our surplus population.
4. Only those who are our fellow countrymen can become citizens. Only those who have American blood, regardless of creed, can be our countrymen.
5. Those who are not citizens must live in the United States as "visitors" or "immigrants" and must be subject to the law of aliens.
6. The right to choose the government and determine the laws of the State shall belong only to citizens. We therefore demand that no public office, of whatever nature, whether in the federal government, the states, or the cities throughout the nation, shall be held by anyone who is not a citizen.
We wage war against the corrupt administrations whereby men are appointed to posts by favor of the party without regard to character and fitness.
7. We demand that the State shall above all undertake to ensure that every citizen shall have the possibility of living decently and earning a livelihood. If it should not be possible to feed the whole population, then aliens (non-citizens) must be expelled from America.
8. Any further immigration of non-Americans must be prevented. We demand that all non-Americans who have entered America since August 2, 2004, shall be compelled to leave the country immediately.
9. All citizens must possess equal rights and duties.
10. The first duty of every citizen must be to work mentally or physically. No individual shall do any work that offends against the interest of the community to the benefit of all.
Therefore we demand:
11. That all unearned income, and all income that does not arise from work, be ended.
12. Since every war imposes on the people fearful sacrifices in blood and treasure, all personal profit arising from the war must be regarded as treason to the people. We therefore demand the total confiscation of all war profits.
13. We demand the nationalization of all trusts.
14. We demand profit-sharing in large industries.
15. We demand a generous increase in social security.
16. We demand the creation and maintenance of a sound middle-class, the immediate communalization of large stores which will be rented cheaply to small tradespeople, and the strongest consideration must be given to ensure that small traders shall deliver the supplies needed by the State.
17. We demand an agriculture reform in accordance with our national requirements, and the enactment of a law to expropriate the owners without compensation of any land needed for the common purpose. The abolition of ground rents, and the prohibition of all speculation in land.
18. We demand that ruthless war be waged against those who work to the injury of the common welfare. Traitors, usurers, profiteers, etc., are to be punished with death, regardless of creed or race.
19. We demand that British law, which serves a materialist ordering of the world, be replaced by American common law.
20. In order to make it possible for every capable and industrious American to obtain higher education, and thus the opportunity to reach into positions of leadership, the State must assume the responsibility of organizing thoroughly the entire cultural system of the people. The curricula of all educational establishments shall be adapted to practical life. The conception of the State Idea (science of citizenship) must be taught in the schools from the very beginning. We demand that specially talented children of poor parents, whatever their station or occupation, be educated at the expense of the State.
21. The State has the duty to help raise the standard of national health by providing maternity welfare centers, by prohibiting child labor, by increasing physical fitness through the introduction of compulsory sports and gymnastics, and by the greatest possible encouragement of associations concerned with the physical education of the young.
22. We demand the abolition of the regular army and the creation of a national internal security force.
23. We demand that there be a legal campaign against those who propagate deliberate political lies and disseminate them through the press. In order to make possible the creation of a American press, we demand:
(a) All editors and their assistants on newspapers published in the American language shall be American citizens.
(b) Non-American newspapers shall only be published with the express permission of the State. They must not be published in the American language.
(c) All financial interests in or in any way affecting American newspapers shall be forbidden to non-Americans by law, and we demand that the punishment for transgressing this law be the immediate suppression of the newspaper and the expulsion of the non-Americans from the nation.
Newspapers transgressing against the common welfare shall be suppressed. We demand legal action against those tendencies in art and literature that have a disruptive influence upon the life of our folk, and that any organizations that offend against the foregoing demands shall be dissolved.
24. We demand freedom for all religious faiths in the state, insofar as they do not endanger its existence or offend the moral and ethical sense of the American people.
The party as such represents the point of view of a positive Christianity without binding itself to any one particular confession. It fights against the materialist spirit within and without, and is convinced that a lasting recovery of our folk can only come about from within on the pinciple:
COMMON GOOD BEFORE INDIVIDUAL GOOD
25. In order to carry out this program we demand: the creation of a strong central authority in the State, the unconditional authority by the political central parliament of the whole State and all its organizations.
The formation of professional committees and of committees representing the several estates of the realm, to ensure that the laws promulgated by the central authority shall be carried out by the federal states.
The leaders of the party undertake to promote the execution of the foregoing points at all costs, if necessary at the sacrifice of their own lives.
Now....just so you know this....I took a document from the NAZI 1930s, and removed the words "German", "Germany", "Reich", "Jews", and anything related to words of the 1930s. And I inserted "America" and "American".
Sit there for a minutes and think about what I copied and rewrote, and then reflect....long and hard. I am a mere mortal, and unaccomplished at anything worth bragging about. What I were really serious? Could I do some damage? Think about that.