So he buys this flag, and ends up going home.
He opens the box....pulls out the flag. And for some odd reason...he just felt something was wrong. Most folks....would just hang it up and would have just never said anything. I'm guessing he is an engineer or something....because he got around to counting the stars....and there were 61.
In case some of you were wondering....there's only supposed to be fifty stars. So yeah, eleven more stars than what's supposed to be there.
He went back to Dollar Tree and commented about this. The best they could say...from the big headquarters....it was a banner...and not a 'flag'. There's apparently a difference between a banner and flag....and you can add as many stars as you want. Naturally, Dollar Tree doesn't want to admit that they paid some cheap-ass Chinese company to manufacture these for 30 cents each.
Now, if you were of a political nature.....you could argue that this is a flag destined for America in five years.....as eleven more states are added.
1. Cuba (after Castro dies of course)
2. Puerto Rica (even if only 30 percent of the PR folks want statehood, it doesn't matter)
3. Guam (it'd help to know which ocean it's in)
4. Chicagostan (they deserve their own senators....it'd help to finance the government there)
5. American Somoa (they make the best wrestlers anyway)
6. Virgin Islands (There would be debate over the meaning of the state name)
7. Commonwealth of Northern Bama (from Demopolis north to the Tenn border, our own state)
8. Austinstan (the free and heavily democratic state carved out of Texas)
9. Green Bay (big enough to haul their own NFL team, big enough to carve out as a state)
10. Arlington (highest per capita state within the US, if created, and likely run by former El Salvadorians from day one).
11. District of Columbia (yeah, give it to the losers, and then let them fail as a state in the first year)
Yeah, maybe this was only a mistake....or maybe it was a Chinese conspiracy to start with. You just can't be sure. The thing here....is that we ought to all shop at Dollar Tree....if we want to cheap-ass stuff to hang up. That's my advice.