In about sixteen months....we go back and vote again for President. For the most part, I anticipate the President has a race that he can win and ought to win (considering the group who might oppose). There are ten things that I see though....that could occur and virtually guarantee a loss for this administration.
1. Keeping Biden on the ticket as VP. Bluntly, he needs to go and some fresh new joker needs to sit in the chair (yeah, maybe Hillary).
2. If gas is priced at $5.00 a gallon by October 2012....then the President will have big issues to overcome. Whatever the Saudis have to do....to make sure it stays below $4....they'd best start thinking and planning now.
3. It'd be best that no other Supreme Court judge comes up between now and November of 2012 to retire. If we launch back into a Senate-fury over who is capable of doing the job and who is liberal enough to sit....then it'd just hurt the chances of winning more.
4. If some huge bank failure deal comes back into our line of sight....it'd only convince folks that good times are no where near what we thought they were.
5. It'd be best if the Supreme Court doesn't toss out the Obama-Care medical deal. If they say it can't stand and carve bits and pieces of it....then most of everything the President has to brag about is gone.
6. Sit tight on five-star speeches until summer of 2012. If folks keep getting this impression that you've run out of them.....then this 5-star campaign deal goes back down to a 3-star campaign deal.
7. If General Petraeus actually retires this fall, and suddenly appears in Iowa around November to prep up for a run....you'd best start preparing to lose. Most folks believe everything this guy says and he's like Eisenhower in turbo-mode.
8. Hope for the most part that this Governor Christie of New Jersey isn't the pick and you have to survive three debates with the guy. He'd be like Muhammad Ali and Mike Tyson all combined up into one....and your debate skills would finally appear woeful.
9. Hope that BP doesn't have another Gulf spill. They'd make you look foolish like the last episode....and you really can't afford that.
10. Finally, you have to hope that no really gets serious about this birth certificate business and finally starts asking the right questions on the national news. If someone ever convinces four voters out of ten that you just aren't legit.....then you really will have a serious problem on your hands.