Saturday, 28 July 2012

The Bed Show

I'm really not into watching the Olympics anymore.  I can remember watching the 1972 and 1976 Olympics....maybe forty hours of each.  Over the years, I've come to view it as some kind "show"....rather than a sports event.

Last night came the opening night episode in London for the Olympics. I didn't plan on watching much of it....then came up this moment of the "show" where they ran out a bunch of nurse gals, with a hundred roll-around hospital beds.  I sat there and looked at this for about a minute, then turned the TV over to the History Channel.

This nurse and hospital bed thing?  Well....maybe if I were British....it'd make sense.  It seemed to be some bizarre artistic thing....that went beyond what a mortal guy could understand.

I'm guessing in the years to come....folks will refer to this Olympics....as the "bed show", and everyone will have a two-minute comment over what they got out of the bed display.  Personally, you would have been better off washing your dog, or asking your neighbor to repeat his Vietnam war story for the one-hundredth time.

No comments: