This is my simple list of ten things that ought to happen in America, but never will:
1. All cops, even down to the local town level.....ought to take monthly drug tests and undergo a yearly financial status check. None of them would ever agree to such a thing though. Fail a drug test? You get one waiver....with the second time that this comes up.....a three-year suspension from law enforcement.
2. All college-entry students (public) ought to undergo a simple test to enter a four-year university. If you get less than seventy? You get onto a list for two years which limits you to only community college. If you got less than fifty? You just forget about higher education and concentrate on tire sales, driving a beer truck, or working in an honest profession. Some folks just shouldn't waste time, money, or resources doing something that God didn't intend for them to do.
3. Anyone in America who is on the illegal status and wants US citizenship.....gets a chance to earn a visa, but it's a fifteen year trail to get to US citizenship and any events (like jail) doubles the fifteen year period to thirty years.
4. The Supreme Court members ought to be limited to a ten-year period, and then mandatory retirement.
5. Every kid in America ought to undergo a year of economics by the time he graduates from high school.
6. Sales tax by the hour. All state sales tax ought to be zero after 10PM at night, until 5AM. It'd create an interesting shift in purchasing patterns.
7. Limit all local TV news to strictly state and local news. No more national news on the local channel.
8. Get Fox News to do a one-hour segment with regular people.....barbers, truckers, transmission repair guys, and bar hostess ladies....as the commentary crowd. It might get interesting to get the opinion of real people....rather than the 'fakes'.
9. Hand the NCAA bowl process over to some Bolivian cattle farmers to manage. They'd do just as good of job as the regular guys we employ currently.
10. Take court events off TV entirely.....it's not entertainment or politics.