Imagine a nation that mandates the following:
- Undertaking a government requirement to establish all citizens the right to adequate employment opportunities and an adequate living standard.
- The needs of the overall community should outweigh the needs of the individual.
- The commercial runnings of the nation should be regulated in such a way, that profits of the rich or corporate nature.....should be shared and distributed to the citizens.
- The welfare of the senior citizens should be attended to by the government, who will ensure a provision exists for their "protection".
- The nation will ensure regulations exist to control state and federal property to the degree required, which will be determined by the highest authority of the government. If necessary, confiscation of property will be exercised, for the greater good of the community.
- Interest rates and mortgage situations will be regulated by the government to ensure the lowest possible financial requirement upon the citizens.
- A national farming bill/law will be pushed to help improve and comfort the rural farming environment and ensure national food requirements are met.
- Rent control and regulation will be exercised as necessary, to prevent profits.
- Regulation will be created to prevent speculation of land and property.
- The federal government will work to ensure the culture of society is respected and honored.
- The science of citizenship will be developed and exercised as appropriately viewed by the community, state and federal government. This science will be developed into common teaching requirements and utilized for lesson plans as necessary.
- Children with skill and capability, no matter what class of their parents, shall be educated at the cost of the government, no matter where they live or what the eventual higher education will cost.
- It will be the absolute priority of the nation to help raise the standards of national health by providing adequate hospitals, clinics, doctors, nurses, and care.
- It will be the national cause to help stop and hinder unnecessary juvenile labor.
- It will be a national priority to help increase physical fitness and dietary requirements of the public, to help make society at large better and healthier. Regulation will be utilized as much as necessary.
- The overall goal of the nation.....will be the common good....before the individual good. The nation will stand against materialistic spirits which create unfair wealth and class divisions.
Sounds familiar? Well....maybe you should sit for a minute and ponder this.
Lofty vision and goals.....for the Nationalist Socialists (NAZI) Party of Germany....in 1920. Written by a young Adolph Hitler as part of the platform and plank for the party.
Yeah, I may have word-smithed a portion here and there to fit modern 2014 society....but it's the basic theme of the bold new German government envisioned twenty years before World War II would occur.
Shocked? Well....asking stupid questions or reading over history isn't such a bad thing....if you think about it. Having a noble goal or agenda....might not be as noble as you think it is.