Saturday, 15 August 2015

Sushi/Bar-b-q Place

This past week, I was visiting out in Dresden, Germany.

Outside of the hotel, maybe 200 feet away....was this local restaurant.....a Japanese sushi and bar-b-q place.

I probably looked at the sign a dozen-odd times as I strolled by the place.  Sushi and bar-b-q.  It's an odd mix.  

Sushi is a top dish of Japanese people.....involving steamed vinegar-added rice, a couple of vegetables laid over the top, and usually fish.  You might throw a fruit or two on top for sweetening affect.  I'm not exactly into Sushi, and I'll admit.....being from Bama.....it's hard for me to adapt to international dishes at times.

How many Sushi/bar-b-q places have I ever noted in life?  Well....none.  This is the only one.

I have my doubts that this place will be open long.....maybe six months.....maybe a year.  Maybe if they'd gone to just an Asia-style food place, or just some southern-style bar-b-q place.....it might have more of a chance for success.

No comments: