Tuesday, 6 October 2015

The "Blah" Situation

After touring the Octoberfest, I came to a point where I admitted it was just too stressful and needed relief....so I ended up by the English Gardens....ten minutes walking from the Munich train-station.

It's a calm place....water fountains, husky man-warrior statues, trees to offer shade, and an authentic German beer garden....called the Park Cafe.

At some point of course, I required a beer, and a visit to the bathroom of the establishment.

There was an older guy four steps in front of me and we headed to the interior bathroom at the back of the cafe.

There stood two doors.

Normally in Germany.....there are around eight different ways to identify a guy's bathroom and a women's bathroom.  Sometimes it's done in stick-figure art, and sometimes, it's done in simple words.

In this case?

Two doors.  One door had "blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah and blah" written on the door.  The other door had "blah".

Both the old guy and I stopped and tried to figure which door was the guy's room and which was the women's room.  Naturally, I'm from Alabama and it takes three seconds longer to figure things out which don't make sense.

Then it hit me.....guys are "blah", and women are "blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah and blah".

It's a Bavarian slam on women, but the guy probably got it right.

In the US?  The sign would have been forced down in less than a week, with some judge ordering it removed.  In Germany?  Nothing.

No comments: