Sunday, 9 August 2026

Where I Evolved: 'Why Not Allow People To Have Their Delusions'

Probably up to the late 1990s....I was pretty open to the idea of allowing people to have delusions.  If people wanted to have invisible friends....believing they have talent (when they have none)....beliefs that they have medical conditions (when they have none)....believing that husband-x is engaged in infidelity when they aren't....I just let it go.

At some point....over a pretty short period....I dumped the free-to-have-delusions 'ticket', and started to get blunt.  If a guy or gal needed plain old 'get-your-act-together'....I gave it to them.

Part of this reality got intense as the trans-business started up.  

The intellectual arguments currently?  It simply leads back to some invisible or fake-reality. 

The idea that there are more of the delusionary crowd today....than in 1980?  That is the troubling part of this discussion.  I might have run into five or six people a year who had this issue.  Today....via social media or the news media...I probably observe five or six a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment