I read through Russian news yesterday...coming to this article....school 'leadership' (nationally) is going to write down a mandate....for Russian kids (age 13) to start getting military training. Covering: machine guns, anti-tank weapons, grenades, & battlefield medicine.
I pondered over this.
They aren't going to hand active guns, grenades or mines over....it'll be wooden replicas (I believe). Maybe around age 15....they might hand some pistols/rifles over to take-apart and re-assemble.
Battlefield wounds? It's probably a 3-hour course.....you learn who is a 'goner', and who might be capable of surviving.
Wouldn't shock me if by age 16....you get a 8-hour course in tank-driving and basic maintenance every month.
A drastic situation? I'd suggest that the generals are looking over manpower and grasping that things in the next decade....aren't looking that great.
It's something leftover from the Soviet era.They still do it today , and at least the rural schools t's always been part of russian curriculum. A Danish internet equatence of mine is married to a russian woman and has a youtube channel called survival russia.
ReplyDeleteHe showed a clip of his and other kids in elementary high school digging trenches in the snow , tearing down and reassembling a k's doing run through the trenches drills ect.