Saturday 18 June 2022

Yeah, About That Kid Lecture Business

 

I have this problem....probably since the 1980s. 

Generally, when being 'told' something, or being 'lectured', or on getting 'advice'....I've got a age mandate in my mind....meaning the person talking needs to be at least 20 years old, and if this is awful important BS....then forty years old is the minimum I accept.

Yeah....with some whiny 15-year old kid on the lecture routine or demanding I do this or that....it just won't work.

About twice a week on German public TV....they hustle up some German kid to give a lecture or a moment of advice....to which I immediately hit the mute-button.  

I personally can't understand why the news media folks think that the majority of people will sit for two minutes and accept some lecture like this.  

I'd almost call it a 'Jesus-routine'....thinking if you hint the kid has some element of 'Jesus' significance involved....it'll change my perception.  

The angrier that the kid acts....stomping their feet, or shaking their fist....just leads me to a fairly opposite gut-feeling of trust.  

Maybe it'll eventually lead to a new reality....that kids ought to be living a kid's life, and not on some lecture circuit, or reality lectures.  

No comments: