Wednesday 17 July 2019

If Everyone Just Went Back 'Home'

It brought up my interest when the chatter came up, and President Trump finally said something to the effect....if you aren't happy here, maybe you ought to go back home.

Some folks are hinged on the term racism, but I'm trying to figure out where this angle fits.

If he did mean it in a racist-way, where exactly would I go?

You see, I have roots that kinda lead back to Kirby Bedon, UK (maybe from 400 years ago).  Prior to that 'adventure'....then my folks were living for around 400 years in the Chester area of England (way over on the western side of the country).

Prior to Chester, we were Norman-folks and got all involved in some invasion angle by our Norman king, and we were connected to the northern coast of France.

But to be honest, we'd only been in Normandy for about two generations, and before that we were Danish folks.   And if you go six to eight generations prior to that, we seem to have some time in the Latvia and Lithuania area.

So if I did get hyped up like the CNN guy suggests I should be.....where exactly was Trump referring me back to?  Kirby Bedon?  Chester?  Normandy?  Denmark?  Latvia?

And with that .7-percent Congo DNA....could I establish some connection to head on back to the homeland of Congo?

But onto the bigger question....if I was referred to this suggestion of Trump....why am I unhappy?  Shouldn't that be the bigger question with the CNN folks?  If Trump isn't racist, and these people are actually unhappy....where does that lead them, or me?

Maybe the bigger question of this whole discussion....why are folks so unhappy?

No comments: