Saturday 1 May 2021

What Joe Said

 There was an interview yesterday, between President Biden and NBC news.  So the topic of wearing a mask came up (as if we really needed a Presidential comment over the subject), and what President Biden said was:

"It's a small precaution to take that has a profound impact. It's a patriotic responsibility, for God sake."

I sat and pondered over it.  

In the same reasoning....I use toilet paper, because it's a patriotic responsibility.

In the same reasoning....I wear underwear, because if's a patriotic responsibility. 

In the same reasoning....I don't smoke menthol cigarettes', because it's a patriotic responsibility.

In the same reasoning....I drink only premium beer (not the cheapo stuff), because it's a patriotic responsibility.

In the same reasoning....I eat mostly beef, because it's a patriotic responsibility.

In the same reasoning....I don't listen to much of anything said by Senator McConnell, because it's a patriotic responsibility (and he's a nut anyway).

In the same reasoning....well....you know.

The problem with Biden's logic is that you'd have to get up each morning, and just feel awful patriotic.  I could go and ask a hundred working-class Americans and they'd tell you that their patriotism for the mask and ban-rules just isn't there anymore.  

This was the kind of quote you could have said in the 1960s and got away with, but in this 2021 era.....it just doesn't work.  

No comments: