Saturday 4 September 2021

Clinic-Hospital Visit

 I went to a clinic-hospital (not for myself, but for the wife).  It was a simple appointment, to a facility that we'd never been to.  Over my entire life (from Alabama, through the Air Force years, the contractor years and since retirement in 2013)....I've probably visited around fifty-odd clinics/hospitals.

So this visit on Thursday was a bit unique.  

I stood there about twenty minutes into walking around (you had to do a fair amount of that).....to gather the perception that about 90-percent of all nurses in this facility....were extremely obese (probably 50 pounds minimum over their regular weight, and by that that....I mean regular non-slim). 

Yes, here were a mix of male/female nurses (probably 80-percent female), from ages 17 to 60....all chunky to the extreme. 

I don't ever remember being in a place like this....in my entire life.

After about three hours of walking around, from paperwork-room-one to paperwork-room-two, and onto paperwork-room-three....I came to count the number of breakrooms (an abundant number), which all had a minimum of two soda machines and one snack machine.  I stopped counting when I got up to around thirty machines.  

In some weird way....there's some Einstein-like formula existing here....where x-number of break-rooms....related to x-number of snack/soda machines.....related to x-number of people....equal heavily obese people of some quantity.  It's pretty much that simple.  There's probably another Einstein-like formula for free-coffee type machines....related to hyped-up highly focused people, or horse-power related to speeding tickets.  

No comments: