Thursday 16 December 2021

Lower Your Expectations

 It has been a bit comical in the past week or two....with the Biden administration making a plea.....to news organization....to just get the 'brand' or 'message' out....you (as an American) need to “consciously lower your expectations.”

I sat and pondered over this.

Generally, throughout my Air Force years.....the folks who walked around with lowered expectations....were deemed losers.

Over the past twenty years....if I span out over sports, business, commerce or just plain lifestyles....when you lower your goals.....you end up at a lesser point.  

Bezos, Musk, Wal-Mart, the New York Yankees?  None of them are willing to lower expectations.  

So I can really imagine how this expectations gimmick would work.  Maybe if I were running for President, and my party asked me to hire some loser to be my VP.....to lower my goals enough to get a one-star candidate....it'd make sense.

Maybe if I ran a government, and I hired one-star character to be my Transportation Secretary, and all he'd done in his life was marginally run a small-town government......maybe it'd make sense.  

Maybe if I had to exit Afghanistan in a hurry, and I didn't give a damn on the outcome, then a no-plan exit would make sense.

The more I think about this.....I just keep seeing a lower-expectations character who acts like a 14-year-old juvenile living in Dad's basement.....always hinting of bright ideas but never showing any.  It's the same guy who seems to smoke a lot of weed and just chatter like a dimwit while in his mid-70s.  

Something's not right.....I just haven't figured out what.  

No comments: