Sunday 16 January 2022

Just Something To Think About

 I noticed this fact the other day and it's been on my mind.

As of October 2020.....5.1-million Americans (over the age of 18) had a felony in their background.  It comes out to near one person out of every forty-four.

I sat there pondering over this.

Over my entire Air Force career and the twenty years since then....I've known around eight individuals who were brought up on charges and convicted of a felony situation.  In each single case....the guy made one stupid decision and couldn't alter his path from that moment on.

Are the 5.1-million mostly guys?  No one breaks the numbers down, and I would make a humble guess that of this group....probably 98-percent are men.  Women are more unlikely to commit a felony situation. 

How you should view this?  Once you leave the house in the morning....the odds are from that moment at 7 AM, until 7 PM when you likely return....you've come across at least one or two people who have felony convictions in their past.  

Just something to think about.  

No comments: