Friday 21 July 2023

Blackouts?

 

I sat and read through this story...one single time.  Basically, the journalist has pumped-up the idea that maybe if we did have an occasional blackout.....this might in some minor way change the perceived climate problem.

My issue?  Well....lets say that we went to a blackout for 12 hours every two weeks, and after a year.....we determined that it barely did anything.

Would the same crowd then suggest a blackout every week....mostly at night....for a year?  And if that had marginal change....would it go to a blackout once a day for three hours?

My belief is that after five years of playing the blackout game...we'd reach the point of agreeing...there wasn't much of anything gained.  

But here's the problem....there are people willing to talk about radical changes without much of a realistic 'gain' being shown as a fact.  

My dad was born in the early 1930s, and it's basically a couple of years into this era that electricity finally arrived.  I'm of the first generation of this family to have grown up since day one of birth....with electricity being 'normal'.  I'm also in the same generation having air conditioning being 'normal'.  I'm also of the generation where ice cream isn't considered a luxury.  

Convincing me of the blackout idea?  It's going to be awful hard.  

No comments: