Saturday 1 July 2023

Inviting Me Off To An Irrationality 'Adventure'

 The problem in inviting me to be irrational or loony way of thinking....you assume that you can drag me up to your level, and I'll give you the signal of affirming your frame of mind. 

But why would I stop?  If I can be at your level of irrationality....why can't I pass it and go to twice the level  of irrationality?  

Why can't I identify as being naked....wherever I please?  Or, why can't I eat 16,000 calories a day and pretend to be healthy?  Or, why can't I identify as Dracula and suck blood out of people?

I see this whole discussion as reaching a stage where some 8-year old kid will demand to be released from school...because he identifies as being smart enough.  Or how about two 13-year-old kids marrying because they identify as 'ready'?  Or, why can't we sell whisky to 14-year old kids?  

There is some end-point to this irrationality 'game', but I doubt if we've even reached the half-way point yet. 

1 comment:

LargeMarge said...

This Just In:
A young student 'cis' identifies as a mushroom, teachers applaud, steak-lovers question menu ingredients.