Thursday 29 April 2021

Joe Biden's Speech

 I sat this morning and watched the 'tape'.  So my five observations:

1.  On a couple of rare occasions, the camera crew screwed up and showed the audience seating....with about fifty-percent of the seats empty.  It was rare, but it just left you with an odd feeling.

Now, I will say this....if you'd handed me a ticket to the 'show'.....because of Covid....I would have turned the ticket down myself.

2.  Alertness of Joe Biden?  I would probably give him a '9'.  There was no stumble with the speech.

3.  Joe did hype getting vaccinated.  Odds of this speech topic making any difference?  Zero.

4.  Joe did talk about 'bread crumbs'.....police reform, immigration reform, more taxes on evil corporations, drug pricing reform, etc.  But it was mostly chatter and no serious suggestions on how things would go.

5.  Mostly a 'shopping-list'?  Well....yeah.  A year from now, you can drag up the hour-long speech and ask what actually got done, and it's probably less than 10-percent of what he chatted over.

As for how many Americans watched the speech?  I have my doubts that he got more than a quarter of Americans to watch.  I would categorize myself as having mostly zero interest in any SoTU speech...mostly because nothing ever gets done.  

1 comment:

LargeMarge said...

* Which impersonator(s) were in front of the cameras for that televisionprogramming?
* When was the product filmed?
* How many weeks of filming resulted in that finished product?
* How many technicians were involved in creating marketable content?