Monday 13 March 2023

The Problem With Misremembering

 It's not a phrase that I would have used 20 years ago.  The first time I probably used it?  Maybe around 2012/2013, and since then....at least in my mind....I probably bring it up three times a week.

Something will occur and suddenly....I'm thinking this story I'm being told by journalists....seems fraudulent.  So I'll go back....sometimes to review history from the 1800s or 1900s.  Then I find myself in a situation where the news piece told....is maybe only half-true.

It's like talking about the 1927 New York Yankees, and then realizing....pound for pound....they were the greatest baseball team of all time.

Or it's like you hear some story over Florida and it's laws....going back to remember what was passed, then realizing some idiot tried to hand you a dose of propaganda.

Or it's like trying to assemble the 1929 stock market crash....realizing that half the story is always left out of the BS you are told.

Misremembering becoming a daily task?  That's the part to worry me.  At some point, some idiot will suggest that Jesus had a brother named Marvin, and I'll have to skim through forty pages of the Bible to reach the conclusion there never never was a Marvin mentioned.  

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You forgot Marvin? The chronically depressed metal disciple? I'm horrified.
Now I have to push the button that claims I'm not a robot. But how can I really tell?
THE AGONY !!!