Saturday 8 April 2023

The Phrase 'I Identify As'?

 I just seem to see a lot of chatter that starts off 'I identify as', rather than saying 'I'm such-and-such'.  It's just an odd speech pattern....like some 3rd grade kid trying to get an intellectual point across to his teacher.

Could you revert or revolve around sixteen different identities?  It's possible.  There's no real rules to this game.

Could you just show up at some school....claiming to identify as 12 years old (while really 44 years old)?  You could try.....so far....no one has done that successfully.

Could just having a mental illness....be an identity?  Well....yeah, you could make that case.  Mental illness is 'hip' these days, if you haven't paid attention.

Could mental illness prevent you from identifying as something?  That's possible as well.

If twelve people support you in this 'I-identify-as' situation, an twelve people go against your 'I-identify-as' situation....are you in a make-or-break situation?

If you chose to identify as a woman (while a guy), and folks told you that you were the ugliest woman on Earth....would that invalidate your 'I-identify-as' situation?  

If I have no desire to know you...doesn't this end the 'I-identify-as' situation between you and me?

The whole discussion almost seems designed like some Bible enthusiast hyping up Revelations, and getting the bulk of people confused to the ninth degree. 

No comments: