Monday 13 November 2023

The Migrant Realization

 I sat and read through a NY newspaper this AM....migrants in both Chicago and NY City...are starting to talk that after their effort to arrive in America, and be settled in....they now realize that some other places  in the world (beyond Chicago/NY City) are more acceptable/modern.

They didn't insult NY City/Chicago....they just felt....they were sold 'half-dead-mule' (as we would say in Alabama).

I sat and pondered over this.

My first trip through NY City was a 18-hour situation in 2007 (Roosevelt Hotel situation).  Between that and JFK Airport....I felt the city was pretty crappy.

My second trip was a 10-hour walking tour in 2011.  It was a fairly negative impression.

Finally, in 2016, I took the wife there (German situation).....for six days.  At the end of it, the wife said to me....'it's kinda old' and then suggested that it was mostly not worth the money we paid for the 1st-class tickets and accommodations at the Roosevelt). 

The subway system?  It's worst of any country that I've been to.

Yeah, it's oversold and crappy.  I would imagine for some of the folks....they might see it as nowhere near the level of Mexico City or Lima, Peru.  

Will they leave?  I doubt it.

No comments: