Wednesday 28 February 2024

Subtitles BS?

I sat and read the basic story and put the news down for half-an-hour.  It's been on my mind.

So what the research shows...IF you gather up Generation Z 'kids' and millennials...a majority has sub-text turned on for their TV viewing.  Mixed reasons given....none that logical.

Millennials came along (born in 1981) in the 1990s...wrapping up in 1996.

They aren't say the vast number....just a majority.

To be honest, I don't remember this 'capability' on TVs until you get to around the late 1990s.

Me using sub-text?  When I view Netflix....especially with the South Korean movies/shows....yeah, I use it.  Oddly enough....when the series  'Gotham' came on (in English)....I flipped sub-text on because there were so many accents from the actors.

Or is this just something they turned-on, and never thought much about turning off?

No comments: