Sunday 23 January 2022

Biden, 60-Percent and 2024

 Someone did a poll....asking people if they'd vote for Joe Biden in 2024.  60-percent said 'NO'.  

What happens between now and 2024?  I expect more problems to emerge....perhaps a 2023 impeachment event (maybe even a second attempt if the first fails by the end of the year).  This 60-percent 'NO' group will expand by the end of 2022 to around 75-percent (my humble take on this).

But here's the problem.  If you were the top three Democratic contenders in the spring of 2024 for the primary run.....do you disavow everything Joe pushed, or double-up?  

Are you going to say Joe wasn't progressive enough or extreme enough?  Or will you contend that Joe Biden was wildly all over the place....with wild ideas that wouldn't get enough House/Senate support?

I can see various problems here....taking a campaign up and trying to say 'I'm-better-than-Joe-Biden' but more extreme.

I noticed this past week....someone made a analytical comment that the list of typical 'outstanding' Democratic governors who might be nomination-capable....are exceptionally weak.  If you go and look at the House/Senate....there's probably three or four people who I would give a fair chance to.  The odds that you might have a nobody appear out of thin air?  Someone like Ms. Obama or Oprah?  Well...I'd say at this point, it's a 50-50 chance.  

All of this in November to reshape the House/Senate?  Yes, without any doubt.

1 comment:

LargeMarge said...

The irrelevance of any elected/appointed nincompoop slightly amuses me.
.
And press-releases from them about their alleged relevance amuse me slightly more.
Without their continued press-release flurry letting us know they exist, I suspect they would wither to nothingness.