Thursday, 10 September 2026

Trump's 'Deal'? $5,000 Per Person?

 I paused over it this AM....reading the situation.

To be honest....at this point in my life....I really don't need the $5k. Yeah....it's hard to admit that.

Maybe in the 1990s....in the Air Force, with a limit pay situation....it would have mattered.  Today?  I have zero debt, and can't think of any 'toy' I'd really like to purchase.  I'd probably buy a new set of tires....take the wife to some expensive restaurant....but I don't need the money.

About forty-percent of folks....probably need the cash urgently and it would matter.  

Timing of this?  Well....some might bulk-up on Christmas gifts.  But I don't think you'd get the check until May of 2027.

To be honest, I'd rather see it paying down US debt.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does that mean that if there are 5 people in the family they get 25,000? And is it tax free from the state looters and the federal looters?
Heltau

Schnitzel_Republic said...

It sounds like Bush's stimulus deal.....where a tax-payer (single/married) would get stimulus. In a scenario where a couple is in a house, with 29-year old Bobby (son, part-time employed) and Agnes (daughter, totally unemployed)....3 x $5k would occur (Bobby getting his own check, and Agnes getting zero).

I remember the Bush-chatter....big dollars on stimulus, and I got $300. Big let-down....I bought new tires for the family car.