Thursday 8 October 2020

Debate Chatter

 After viewing around 50 minutes of clips from the debate (Pence-Harris), some observations:

1.  The moderator was prepared and capable.  I'd rate her as a 'B' (Wallace?  A solid D-minus).  

2.  I'll be honest and say that Pence skipped over answering about 30-percent of all questions thrown at him.  Harris?  It's probably closer to 50-percent for skipping answers.

3.  Maybe just me, but Harris looked a bit overwhelmed and out-of-place.  But in the Democratic debates.....that was the same person who showed up there.  I think she just hates public debates. Call it 'bad nerves'.

4.  Looking at the Biden decision on selection of the VP.....I just think he could have done better.  Harris might have made a better choice for AG.  

5.  Finally, this debate didn't help the Biden campaign.  I won't say Harris lost....but Pence came out three steps ahead of her.  

So now the question  is....will Trump test 'negative' for Covid in the day prior to the next debate, and will Joe Biden show up?

No comments: