Monday 11 January 2021

Radio Liberté

 There was a piece over the weekend written by Politico, which goes at the topic of Trump leaving office, and creating his own 'network'.

The jest of this?  Well....the way this was written....Oprah Winfrey has attempted this and boldly failed....the system just doesn't work like you'd think.  Then they added....conservatives all watch Fox-News, so he can't take them over.

I sat and pondered over this.

In this position, I wouldn't bother with a news network.  I'd organize and package a Internet Radio network....calling it 'Radio Liberté' (yes, the French spelling for Liberty, with the funny é at the end).

I'd hire a French-speaking salty gal, to give a 60-second introduction of every hour....kind of relating this to 'occupied-France' and how the home-front needs to stay focused and alert.  The intro would end with her saying that the 'allies' are coming. as of such-and-such day of the Iowa Caucus in 2024.  

Then I'd hire twenty-five hosts to provide 1-to-2 hour pieces.  I'd make sure Latinos got at least three hours a day of 'chatter'.  I'd find a serious black conservative minister to talk over black community problems.  I'd find a financial expert to take apart California crazy spending.  I'd have weekend jazz fests and Mariachi band music.  I'd bring in Derschowitz once a month and just him lecture Constitutional law.  I'd bring in former baseball players of the 1970s and talk about the era where social gimmicks were not practiced.  

(this sounding like the original NPR in 1974?  Yeah....that was kinda how they started)

Cost?  I'd make this a internet station and a subscription required (figure $6.99 a month).  Without the subscription.....no package.  Just my humble estimate, but I think you could easily round 500,000 subscribers in sixty days.  

I do agree....Oprah Winfrey failed miserably on the network business.  She didn't didn't have the quantity of an audience to keep a network thriving.  

As for each evening ending around 10 PM?  I'd have a 8-minute conversation/speech by Trump.  Play it like spring of 1944....with the French patiently waiting for the landing at Normandy.  

No comments: