Tuesday 14 December 2021

The $4.99 Thing

 I sat today and spent an hour looking at this new news vehicle.....CNN-Plus.

So here's the deal.....to get this streaming news 'stuff'.....you sign up and pay $4.99.  

There's the suggestion that you could see 'other' stuff via CNN-Plus that you wouldn't see on regular CNN, but I sat and pondered.....what 'other' stuff?  Would there be conversations with Donald Trump?  Would they tear loose with real investigative journalism?  Would they really give me something that doesn't exist on regular CNN?

I'm pretty skeptical.

I really don't care to hear about Cuomo talking about his brother.  I don't want any more Hollywood news.  Frankly, I'm not interested in fashion or trump Hollywood women.  If you drag another animal doctor out to talk over Ivermectin as a horse-dewormer....I'd just turn the whole thing off.

I'm just at a loss to figure how people would get themselves hyped up to watch CNN-Plus, and pay $4.99 for it.  If you offered up some deal where some naughty-clothed French gal read the news and some bumbling Brit would throw custard pies at her, or something really comical in the delivery of the news?  Yeah, I might try that for a month.  

No comments: