Saturday 29 October 2022

Binge TV Viewing Again

 This week, I concluded 'surge-viewing' of Stargate Universe (2009-2011)....forty episodes. 

Living overseas....there are a lot of shows which I just never saw before.  

So my ten observations:

1.  They tried awful hard to connect this show to Stargate itself (1990s show) and instead, it just appeared to be more Battlestar Galactica instead.

2.  You have to watch this show in precise alignment (1, 2, 3, etc).  It's one of those that you can't skip around.

3.  Must be forty-odd characters that have pieces and parts in the episodes, which makes it a bit odd.

4.  They never showed the WC or restrooms of the ship, and I just kept wondering about that part of the human element.

5.  Episode 1 and 2 are pretty 'lame'.

6.  Almost all of the aliens are not to be trusted.

7.  Based on food available on the ship....I would have lost 40 pounds in the first month alone, and been dead by week eight.

8.  I think if one of the big-boy networks would have taken it on.....maybe doing 15 episodes a year and given it a better chance of survival.

9.  The mad-scientist guy should have been left on some alien planet by episode five. 

10. It's funny that I missed viewing the show for almost 13 years.....then discover it by accident.  

No comments: