Tuesday 28 February 2023

The View Of The View

 Back around 2011....I had a snow day at work, and ended up staying home all day.  I sat and watched THE VIEW (never had seen it before).

So for about sixty minutes....I sat....consuming the show.

My view?

First, after about 20 minutes....I got the impression that whatever the ladies were talking about....they marginally knew anything about the subject.  It was like asking your barber about nuclear fusion, or asking the garbage truck guys about Asian food, or asking your minister for investment advice.

Second, about half of the show was politically motivated in some way.  It felt like some propaganda piece.

Third, it seemed hooked to some California mentality.  I should note....it is filmed there.  

Fourth and final....it was hard for me to imagine who would sit daily and watch the show.  Course, probably half the audience records it and plays it back after they get home at night.

This brings me to the question....is there anything of value to the View?  I think it's probably the wrong question to ask.  Instead, the question is.....are there so few women sitting there at 11 AM (ET)....that it's the cheapest show to produce and insert into the time-slot?  

No comments: