Pentagon says it will mandate a 'new' test to assess troops’ cognitive performance.
To be honest....since the mid-1980s....there's been a test existing...continually modified and upgraded.
So if you ask some folks....the hype to the new test....to study if Covid has affected folks....especially 'long-Covid'.
In the period prior to the new test....if you'd been in a accident, or suffered a concussion....the test was mandated.
My thoughts?
I've known probably six folks since 1977....who had concussions, and half of them really didn't recover or come back to normal. But that was via accidents or falling off the side of a building....NOT with long-Covid.
Gut-feeling with long-Covid? I suspect if you tested a thousand folks....at least ten have suffered serious cognitive decline.
1 comment:
Semi-retired Physical Therapist here.
For three decades, over and over, I heard the same spiel:
* "I was so involved with family/job/volunteering, I never took time for me.
If it wasn't for this illness/trauma, I would never have a vacation nor time away.
In some ways, this illness/trauma is a good thing."
.
* I wonder if a few troopers are performing at or beyond their rational limits... or seeing other troops slacking, requiring our guys to carry double the weight?
* I wonder if a small percent realize the guaranteed lethality of drone war in 'safe-space' areas far from face-to-face fighting?
* I wonder if some are subconsciously intentionally manifesting a noticable cognitive decline as a normal natural reaction to those leaders they perceive as intentionally causing their premature demise?
.
* I wonder if some have a rational dissonance between their rah-rah Allegiance Pledge and realizing everything they were taught -- everything they thought was true -- is merely propaganda in service of a 'foreign influence' we are prohibited from criticizing?
Post a Comment