Sunday, 26 July 2026

Quad Bike 'Adventure'?

 My German wife gave me last year.....a intro-to-quad-bike-riding...which I used this  weekend while up in Koln (Germany).

So I drove 'out'....this is 50 miles east of Koln...to what I call....the 'boney' of the bonies, of  the extreme bonies.  Yeah....middle of nowhere.

I got there (thanks to GPS).

So the 'guide' ('Frank') gave me  and four other guys (all in their 40s)...a 20 minute lecture....all in German.  I got about four points....out of forty.  

Brakes, turbo, 'hot', and something-something about making turns. 

I had thought this  would all be woods/dirt-roads. Wrong....paved roads.

'Frank' led us way out in the middle of nowhere.  There are farms out there....where four cars a day might pass through a point.

Roughly 2.5 hours.....getting  up around 40 mph at times. 

Dangerous?  Yeah....kinda what you should do before age 40.

I asked 'Frank' at the end....did he ever  have ladies attend? 'NO'....was response...awful rare.

1 comment:

LargeMarge said...

Speaking of life on the edge...
.
My latest favorite additions to my food addiction:
* International Delight brand flavored coffee.
I experienced them all.
International Delight Reese's peanut-butter chocolate flavor is my next-to-favorite.
My all-time favorite favorite is their Caramel Macchiato.
.
I could get it in the safe and sane soda-size cans, but 'no', I have to get it in half-gallon/1.9L jugs.
Takes me most of the morning to burn through one.
¡¡¡ YeeHaw !!!