Over the past week....I've reached a level of thinking/pondering....where I see a unlimited amount of people who are simply dangerously incompetent.
I see it in sports, politics, publishing, news, academia, religion, banking, commerce, and medicine.
I'm not saying marginally or lightly incompetent....I'd saying full-blown incompetent....to the level that they are a threat to society.
I noted this week.....there are apparently some University of California professors....who've stood up and asked the college 'bosses'...to reinstate the SAT for admissions. Reasoning? They say new students arriving....are unable to do standard high school-level (11th/12th grade) work.
They were quiet on the level they see....but one gets the impression....kids were arriving and prepared (perhaps) for 9th grade level work.
Around 2012....a work-associate brought up his issue with the daughter....who'd been accepted to a highly noted Virginia college. The college required two tests prior to approval....marginally failing both....math and English. What the college said....with no alternate route....they'd take her but she'd have to go and register for a 12th grade level high school level math and English course (paying for them), and pass both before getting the second semester approved. 'Dad' in this case....was a bit peeved....it meaning around $1,500 spent for the two high school classes at the college.
In California's case....the school probably won't easily return SAT testing....but they probably will mandate a minimum of two high school classes (maybe even six to eight courses).....before they allow the kid into real college classes. Yeah, you can figure a minimum of $3,000 wasted here....perhaps even up to $10,000. The crazy thing? You can probably figure near 50-percent of California kids....upon graduation.....measure up to the 7th/8th grade in Alabama or Tennessee.
But why stop there? The incompetence level affects politics, entertainment, banking and finance.
AI being the savior? I have started to ponder this reality....that by 2035....some AI-robot will be supervising a dozen California employees....who are mature-enough to handle 6th-grade level production/work. At some point, the AI-robot will begin to ask....shouldn't we just replace humans entirely...because of the incompetence level?
No comments:
Post a Comment