I was reading the Brit Guardian paper this AM.....the highlight? Brit primary schools are to be told to identify children at risk of being unemployed in the future.
Yeah....the 7 or 8 year old kid without much talent/ambition/clever-nature....will have a national record started up.
They don't say how the data will be used....just that if you see dimwitted kids.....ID them.
I pondered over this.
Based off the last three years of high school....I knew about eight folks (of 75)....who probably would be easily identified as 'lacking'. They would be the ones working at the lumber-yard, stocking shelves, going to beauty-school, or long-haul trucking
Brightness was not the issue....they were just plain bored by the time they got to the 5th grade, and were just cruising along the final seven years.
To be honest....by the end of the 10th grade....my boredom index was hitting a '7' (1-to-10) and if you had allowed me to test-out....yeah, I would have tested enough to exit.
A lot of this having to do with poor instructors/teachers? Yeah....I'd say 50-percent of the issue were crappy teachers.
How this Brit record will serve the gov't? Anyone's guess....but I'd assume it won't be a pleasant experience.
No comments:
Post a Comment