This AM....I was reading over Cambridge University (UK)....being listed with some ridiculous PhD courses currently being offered:
- Traditional Cultural Norms, Technology and Gender Relations in Ghana (I assume there's 150 countries to be offered later)
- The Political Economy of Female Circumcision
- Unsexed beings: constructing gender, humanness, and agency through the use of the word “unsex” in Late Modern British society and writing
- In Her Own Words: A Study of Women’s Voices in Contemporary White Supremacy and Far-Right Online Hate
- Legal Mobilization by Black Lesbian, Bisexual and Queer (LBQ) Womxn in Kenya and South Africa
- Exploring gendered embodiment in transgender and gender-diverse adolescents at the intersection of exercise and eating behaviors, social inclusion, and mental health: Towards a desire-centered approach in pediatric gender-affirming healthcare and research
- Codes of Life, Codes of Death: Tracing the (Im)possibility of Trans Lives in Algorithmic Assemblages
- Queer Cultural Memory in Literature, Film and Television since 1999
- The Sexually Sociological: Gay Masculinity, Intimacy and the (Un)queer State
After reviewing the list....I thought back to my days with University of Maryland, Louisiana Tech University, and Pierce Community College. I felt lucky when they offered up Landscape Photography, Civil War History, Aviation History, and Germany Prior to 1914.
I was offered Intro to Mental Health....but they needed ten students to run it, and it failed with five folks interested in taking the course.
My general take on Cambridge University? I'd say the intellectual-level is probably at age 11/12....at best. What these lead to....in terms of skill or decision-making? Zero.
No comments:
Post a Comment