Wednesday, 16 September 2026

All This Hype To Slow Down AI Development?

 I spent an hour or two yesterday reviewing the political hype to slow down AI development.  After a while....I realized it was mostly BS.

First, for the most part....I suspect it's already too late.  AI is in turbo-mode and the tech-crowd can marginally control what's going on.  

Second, within a year, I suspect that bank AI will develop tools that bank boards can use....identifying weak candidates for home, business or car loans....disqualifying them way ahead of schedule.  Wouldn't shock me if 40-percent of Americans find themselves 'cut-off' from loans.

Third, within a year or two....medical AI will be able to analyze cost factors/bills, and start to state 'crappy' deals or hospitals to avoid.  It'll also start to cite safety issues with hospitals and doctors.

Fourth, by the end of the 2027 baseball season....I see home-plate umpires replaced on balls/strike count....leaving AI to manage things.  

Fifth, daily audits by finance AI....will start to reveal fraud on massive levels.  

Sixth, educational AI will start to identify crappy teachers/professors...way ahead of schedule.  

Seventh, political AI will start to review/audit 'promises' within minutes of announcing them.  

Eighth, all these super-secret military programs will be audited by AI and various programs will be unable to remain secret.

Ninth, entertainment AI will identify crappy scripts/plot ideas.

Stalling or slowing AI down?  Too late.

No comments: