Tuesday, 1 September 2026

My View of the Buc-ee's Success Agenda

 Couple of months ago....on my trip to the US....I spent around 90 minutes at a Buc-ee's.  Yeah, I washed the car.....used their tidy bathroom....walked through the store....and observed the crowd (guessing about 300 folks were in the building).

First, they have 'ease-of-access'....meaning they got the county/state to have an interstate exit....that led directly to the establishment.

Second, lets be honest....a tidy bathroom....nationally....is hard to find.  

Third, the level/amount of gas points....makes it a pretty quick experience.

Fourth, if you were a 700-mile traveler for a day....the enticement is to figure the route where every three hours....there's a Buc'ee's stop.  Fuel-up.....grab some ice-tea....visit the bathroom....buy some snacks.

Every state ending up with at least one?  No.  My view....Oregon, California and Washington....will never have one.  There's probably 12 states like that.  

Killing off the exit-stations?  Well...that is the odd factor.  I would imagine 40-odd gas stations near the interstate-exit....are doomed at this point, and likely failing.

No comments: