Saturday, 5 September 2026

Three Humble Thoughts

 1.  This Lindsay Clancy murder case.

I'm overseas, and mostly out-of-the loop.  I did start reading over the case, and court summaries about a month ago....simple murder episode....she killed her three kids.

The question at the time....at least for me....what is the element of crazy?  After 22 years of Air Force reality....I came to a point of having three 'paths' to crazy.  

First, there's crazy by drugs/alcohol....where you did some whacko stuff.  Then there's cult/religion/CIA 'crazy' where they brain-washed you into doing whacko stuff.  Then there's crazy-crazy....where you are born with it, and turn it on-and-off....at your leisure.  The last category....is the guy/gal that you need to fear....because they are permanently a threat to the safety of others.

I'm pretty convinced that Lindsay fits into that category.

So the case ended in a mistrial.  What amazes me....11 were set for 'not-guilty', and one guy had no doubt about the guilt involved.  In 30-odd states....it would have been a couple of hours of talking and everyone convinced she was deserving of life-in-prison.  

2.  Someone brought up the 2008 presidential election, and offered the opinion that illegal voting was probably screwed up and that John McCain likely won.

I paused over this.

Their idea is that Florida, Ohio and Penn....were 'bumped' in some way of illegal voting.

Given a choice of McCain or Obama....I can't say that having McCain around for four years of Presidential 'duty' would have worked well.

3.  This Bartiromo/Fox-News BS.

Well....to be honest....there's only like three journalists still remaining at Fox....which draw me to view their network.

Fantastic 'fall' of the network over ten years.  I'd rate them only a step or two above CNN at this point.

No comments: