Thursday 3 February 2022

My Ten Movies That I Could Not Get into

 1.  Matrix.  After having seen all four (1/2 I've probably seen twice)....I just don't get it.  

2.  The Last Airbender.  About 30 minutes into it....I felt like the story dwindled out....there was nothing. 

3.  Cats.  My wife dragged me to a theater to view the movie.  Out of the 300 potential seats on a Friday evening, there were twelve seats filled.  I consumed all of my 40-ounce Coke to maintain staying awake.  

4.  Batman and Robin (1997).  Maybe it read well on paper, but this movie just fell apart by the mid-way point.

5.  McCabe and Mrs Miller.  This 1971 western sometimes appears on people's top ten lists of westerns.  Frankly, it's probably got the worst script of any western I've seen, and the ending simply doesn't 'fit'.

6.  Bolero (1984).  If you have to watch it....mute the sound, play some 'Dirty Dancing' type of music in the background and just observe Bo Derek.

7.  Battlefield Earth.  It's been 20 years since it came out, and I'd say that it's one of the worst scripted and acted movies in the science fiction arena.  

8.  Cabin Fever (2016).  I stopped at minute 25 in this 98 minute movie.  It's basically a scare-you type script, where some virus is killing folks left and right.....all based out in the rural world.  

9.  Wagons East (1994).  John Candy's only acting in a cowboy western.  There's maybe six jokes in the whole movie.

10.  Blue Steel (1934).  When you can find it....this 54-minute cowboy western features a young John Wayne, and has a single paragraph describing the whole story.  It's one of those movies where virtually every 'extra' had a line to say, and nothing makes sense. 

1 comment:

LargeMarge said...

McCabe et al:
They could just slime mud over the camera lense.
.
Wagons:
Stupifying, an example of IDIOCRACY.
.
BoDereko:
Corn-row appropriation... without the 'free-association' (boinking) I anticipate from corn-rowers.
.
Matrix:
My only reason to invest my valuable time -- Joey Pants.
His criminal-mastermind in BOUND is studied in film school.