Sunday 16 October 2022

The Thing About ID Cards

 For years, I've been waiting for some journalist or polling organization to go out and poll the general public to see....out of 10,000 adults (over age 18)....how many have a ID of any type.

Being a simple yes/no question?  No....I'd say you show me a ID of any type....you get a $10-bill.  

My humble belief is that out of ten-thousand....other than seriously deranged/homeless people or jail/prison folks.....99-percent of Americans have an ID of some type.  

From age 15 on, I've had an ID of some type.  If  you asked me presently.....I probably have six different IDs of various types (two even for Germany).  

I'm pretty skeptical over the ID chatter.  There are a hundred different reasons why you need an ID today, and if you tried to survive without one....there's various ways you'd be denied service.

But what really gets me.....shouldn't someone like CNN, or Time, or the WSJ.....go and really survey the public on this?  

No comments: