Thursday 18 January 2024

Research Chatter

 I read through about a dozen lines of this WaPo piece....entitled: "Doing your own research is a good way to end up being wrong."

So I pondered over it.

I have five problems with this analysis:

1.  The quality of journalist across the nation goes from 5th-grade mentality to actual competent journalist.  I can't say it's high school or college, but it seems like a number of folks slept through journalism.

2.  With a red-pen, I can typically mark at least three issues in a 40-line story....where the facts are marginal, and it's mostly a propaganda piece.  

3. Narratives.....are overly emphasized these days.

4.   If I caught you (as the journalist) doing something wrong....what'll  happen?  Nothing.  You will still be printing garbage tomorrow.

5. My skepticism level has gone up a good bit....how exactly will this reverse?

1 comment:

LargeMarge said...

"MainStreamMedia reported..."
[automatically engages 'skepticism' mode]