Wednesday 21 February 2024

Starship Troopers In Review

 Back in the fall of 1998...a work-associate loaned me his VHS tape of 'Starship Troopers'.  It'd been out for about 18 months.

I sat and watched it, and for about a week....the movie was on my mind.  I'll admit....two or three times a year....someone will bring up the movie, and it gets my attention once again.

First, it's a crappy script....marginal text, and revolves around a advanced bug-species who seem 'bad-ass'.

Second, on propaganda-value....it seeks to get you to a anti-bug mentality....but you eventually by the end start asking stupid questions.

Third, the more years that pass....I seem to see the movie as satire.

Fourth, I've probably attempted to watch it three or four times since 1998....never getting more than 20 minutes into it, and losing interest.

Fifth, I don't see it as a 'bad' movie.....just that the script and science-fiction factor...are crap.  But I can probably name forty SF-movies that are in the same problem area.

1 comment:

Bigus Macus said...

Worth reading.

Bidenomics is Great. If You’re an Illegal Alien - Daniel Greenfield / Sultan Knish Articles at DanielGreenfield.org
https://www.danielgreenfield.org/2024/02/bidenomics-is-great-if-youre-illegal.html