Friday 8 March 2024

'Fair Share' Chatter?

At least ten times a month, I hear the impression of 'fair share' uttered.  Prior to the 1990s....I just don't remember it.  I don't remember it on the farm....I don't remember it in boot-camp....I don't remember it while running a 1.5-mile track in 95-degree heat.

Somewhere in the 1990....it started to come up.  

In the 2008-to-2016 era?  I probably heard it on CNN or NPR at least twelve times a week.

Here's the thing....it's not definable.  You can't show where it really works in life.

Presently, I'm of the mind that we need reverse-fair-share....meaning you need to cut your budget, before I accept some fair share 'BS'.

Fair share chatter not working on me anymore?  Yeah, it's come down to the point where the expression is some quote you'd hear from a 8-year old kid. 

2 comments:

Bigus Macus said...

“The truth is, in order to get things like universal health care and a revamped education system, then someone is going to have to give up a piece of their pie so that someone else can have more.”
― Michelle Obama

Schnitzel_Republic said...

Well...since we started this 'fairness-contribution'...we still have about the same number of people without universal health care (12 years later), but we all pay 50 to 200 percent more than before. (I now pay roughly $190 a month for military retired healthcare, when it was free before)

On 'revamped education'? We have high school graduates who are more stupid than 6th-grade kids, and some college graduates who seem half-ass 'bright'....yet we pour in twice the amount of money deemed necessary back in 2000....to reach this level.

Is the fairness game mostly to lower the intellectual scale, so they measure up to some 3k BC cave-dweller?