Saturday 16 March 2024

Skepticism

I saw this commentary the other day and it stuck with me: 

"I used to believe what I saw on the evening news.

I used to get fighting mad when people said 9/11 was an inside job.

I used to think Bush was a good president.

I used to think our elections mattered.

I used to believe what "science" said.

I used to think we actually went to the moon in that stupid aluminum foil bucket.

I used to think people that were anti-vax were just crazy.

I used to think chemtrails were just a stupid conspiracy theory.

I used to think our dollar had value.

I used to think Israel was our "biggest ally."

I used to think the wars we fought were righteous, instead of being fought over lies so the military industrial complex can prosper while our best men died.

The point is, I used to think a lot of things that I don't think anymore....it's OK to admit it when you're wrong."

-- Mindy Robinson

Yeah, it's stuck with me....I'm more of skeptic today than at any point in my life.