Sunday 20 February 2022

My 'If Canada Failed' Scenario

 So, lets say that via Trudeau's program....the government collapsed by mid-spring.  What would likely follow?

1.  I think that Quebec would likely follow it's original intention of being an independent nation, and probably Newfoundland attaching itself to Quebec.  

2.  On a wild belief, I think both British Columbia and Alberta would seek some type of state application status to the US.  In DC, this would be a fairly wild mess, and be originally pushed back by the Democrats.  

A path would be established with BC renamed 'New Columbia' and Alberta keeping it's name....both becoming states by mid-2023.  

3.  What really remains of Canada....the central region and Nova Scotia.....would try to survive for a period of time under a mini-Canada scheme. 

4.  The northern territories?  Anyone's guess but I think they'd eventually be some type of state situation within the US....maybe forming three or four states.  The more popular one?  The Yukon, bumping up against Alaska.  

Crazy scenario?  I follow Canadian news for a minimum of an hour each day now, and there's some unanticipated things (like the banking business) which is shocking me.  With no concern over where this going to lead the nation....I think the leadership has mostly failed the public, and will be shocked to find a divided country now existing.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don’t see a future where Canadian provinces are putting in applications to join the United States (Alberta may be an exception.) The reason is that Canadians are pretty nationalist on the topic of “we are not the United States.” Part of the collective self image is that they are not Americans and do not want to be.

Schnitzel_Republic said...

I agree on the nationalist background, but I also am rather shocked at the recent dismantling actions of the Trudeau government, and speed of frustration across the country.

As the banks have been drawn into the middle of this, I don't see a situation where resolution can exist, and there's just a short fuse existing for government to survive.

Covid reshaped society, and this is the sad end result to handle.