Wednesday 24 June 2020

Mask Story

I noticed this in the news today....about Lincoln County, Oregon. It's on the coastline of the state, and fairly 'rural' by most standards.

The county commission met and issued a order.....ONLY white people are to wear masks in public.  Non-whites don't have to wear the mask.  The NY Post is reporting this, so I consider it somewhat reliable.

The thing about Lincoln County....I spent two days there on a 'beach' stop in the 1980s.  It's a great area of the US.

So the one thing that stood out while I was there....it's just a lot of plain white people in the county.

I went to look at the official demographics data.  Whites make up 90-percent of the population.  Latinos?  Second, with roughly five-percent.  Blacks?  .3-percent.

Trying to establish some type statement?  Hard to say.  The whole county maxes out at roughly 50,000 residents.

No comments: