Friday 31 January 2020

If I Ran the US Election Business

My ten suggestions:

1.  I'd eliminate all debates until February of the election year, and only allow each party a max of two debates.

2.  I'd start the primary season in April and limit the entire primary across the US to four weeks....ending by mid-May.

3.  The convention business would start in mid-June....with both political parties conducted during the same week. 

4.  The full-up election period would be 1 July to election day (early November).

5.  I'm eliminate national debates as they exist today, and simply pass ten questions to the two key candidates, allowing them to comment for five minutes to each.  They'd have the questions five days prior.

6.  I'd dismiss Congress from work as of the final six weeks of the campaign, and order all of them to return to their states.  Failure to comply....dock their pay. 

7.  I'd cut all TV political chatter for 24 hours prior to the election day.

8.  If I found anyone who'd voted twice or more in a single election....they'd lose their election capability for the remainder of their life, and I'd send them onto a state prison for a minimum of twelve months.

9.  I'd move election day to a Sunday.

10.  Finally, I'd mandate that no national TV coverage on election evening start until 10 PM (Eastern Standard Time). 

No comments: