Friday 26 June 2020

NASCAR

To be kinda honest, I've never watched a NASCAR race, or attended one.  Yes, I did grow up in the south, and will admit that demolition derbys did interest me....but that's my 'limit'.

So I look at the current chatter of NASCAR and I predict five things:

1.  Once the Confederate flag business is written up, and fans told not to display the flag at races, or cars to have any such 'art' on them.....about one-third of the racing fan crowd will dissolve away in a matter of a couple of months.

2.  NASCAR could still run with just two-third's of the fan base.....but ticket sales would lessen, and profits dwindle.  Fewer teams would participate.

3.  NASCAR would probably disappear within three years out of the Talledega area of Alabama. 

4.  Finding companies to sponsor teams will become a problem.

5.  Most of the NASCAR authorities (employees) would freshen their resumes by the end of 2021, and be looking for a new challenge in life. 

No comments: