Saturday 7 August 2021

The 'Dossier' Story

 I read the National Examiner yesterday, and this one story sticks out.  Former National Security folks under Trump now say enough effort by China on personal data of people....reached a level where they can practically build a 'dossier' on every single American adult.

I sat and pondered over this.

My 'dossier'?  It probably says a bit over my preference for cheesecake.....my normal expenses for ice cream per year....a list of Amazon purchases over the last year....my preference of Ironman over Thor....my general dislike of the NY Yankees....my preference for railway travel....that last speeding ticket I had to pay....my preference for ice tea (no sugar added)....a weakness for Italian food, and the fact that the cat has sent the wife to the hospital for emergency stiches on two occasions.  

My brother's dossier?  It probably talks over his preference for catfish (without the garlic), his selection for dogfood, beer preferences and a list of ammo purchases. 

Lets be honest....whatever kind of dossier they think they have....about 99-percent of it is marginal information and really doesn't say much. Wo-wan probably sits there in the basement of the building....thinking mostly....these folks live pretty quiet and non-stressed lives.  

1 comment:

LargeMarge said...

Buffy or Zena?
.
.
An aside:
* the kosher at the grocery offered a discount if I sign-up for their Awards Club Card.
.
Oddly, each time I shop, scanning my card comes-up 'richard nixon', and the koshers always thank 'the nixon family' for our continued patronage.
.
I have no idea how that keeps happening...