Saturday 10 August 2024

'Ladies and Gentlemen'

 Delta Airlines came out this past week....saying in any announcement you might hear over the intercom or in the plane....the term 'ladies and gentlemen' will NOT be uttered.

I paused over this.

To be honest, it doesn't really bother me.

I mean....you could replace it with 80 different phrases.

You could just replace it with 'Citizens, listen' or 'People, listen'.

How far will this go?  Well....they didn't really say the full extent.

But then this question comes up in my mind.....this had to come from the Board, and I'm just wondering....is this the only matter brewing?  Or does the Board have more changes in its mind?

1 comment:

LargeMarge said...

"Attention, all citizens!, to increase your Social Score, take notes during this announcement..." as uniformed S.S. monitors stroll the aisles, enthusiastically observing and generating reams of reports.